Date(s) - 11/23/2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Pismo Beach Pier
Celebrate your friends, family & community at the 6th Annual Turkey Trot in Memory of Christine Allen to benefit the SLO County Food Bank.
Come bring your friends and family, Thanksgiving morning to have some fun while raising money for food for those in need. Every $1 we raise buys $10 of food at the Food Bank! Last year we raised over $13,000 so $130,000 of food!
T-Shirts and Caps will be for sale at the event. All proceeds will go to the Food Bank.
This is a “fun run” and ‘walk’ for the family which is all ages and dogs (dogs must be on short leashes).
The trot includes a 1 mile, 5K and 10K. Line up starts at 8:00 with the 5K and 10K starting at 8:30. There will be a large race clock/timer so you can see your run time. The one mile will start at 8:45.
Entry fee: The event is Free but we ask you to donate $1 or more and or purchase a tshirt or cap which will go to the SLO County Food Bank for those community members who are less fortunate than us and are currently in need of food. No one should go hungry in our community! $1 dollar buys $10 of food, but $5 dollars will buy $50! And most of us can afford $5 for the benefit of someone who is hungry.
• No registration required.
• Sign up the day of the event. You must sign in and sign a release to run.
• Non competitive run with no winners or awards, but lots of atta boys and girls, high fives and cheering (everyone is a winner for running on Turkey Day)!
• Dog allowed—MUST BE ON SHORT LEASH. No long retractable leashes allowed (for the safety of the runners).
• Water water and more water. There will be plenty of water! There will be water for humans and dogs!
• Paramedics will be on hand for emergencies.
• First Aid Booth will be on hand for small needs.
• Breakfast bars and more breakfast bars to build up your energy!
• Website is www.southcountyturkeytrot.com
• Email email@example.com
Pismo Beach south side of the pier
- Phone 805.458.3321
Event is held in memory of Christine Allen of San Luis Obispo